Alumnae Challenge: Celebrating Silver, Going for Gold! Fundraising for the National Convention 2009 25th Anniversary Celebration
In order to celebrate our 25th anniversary with the flair it deserves, Phi Sigma Rho is going to need your help! The Convention 2009 Committee and National Council are challenging you to sponsor some special items for our celebration. Here are some things that we would like to have at Convention that an individual, alumnae association or other group can sponsor with its estimated cost:
- Coffee and tea for Alumnae Reunions ($250)
- Sorority candy ($300)
- Convention registration favors ($750)
- Awards Banquet favors ($750)
- Banquet reception hors d’oeuvres ($1,200)
- Chocolate fountain ($1,500)
- Anything else that you think of!
Here's how you can participate:
- Find a group of people (alumnae association, classes, chapter, corporation, individual, etc.) that are interested in joining in the challenge. If you need help raising money or would like to join with another chapter or alumnae association, let us know and we'll help you get in touch! Donations can be made towards the full or partial amount of an item. Donations may be made anonymously, or in honor/behalf of another person or organization.
- Pick an item from our wish list (or come up with your own). Items will be claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Contact Allison or Monique to commit to sponsoring that item.
- We will post who is sponsoring what on our Convention 2009 website.
- Work with the Convention 2009 Committee on selecting and coordinating the order.
- Come to Convention 2009 and help us celebrate!
Additional things to consider:
- The committee will work with you to prioritize our wish list and your donation if necessary.
- All donations are subject to approval by the Convention 2009 Committee.
- Donations to PSR are not tax-deductible. To make a tax-deductible donation, you must donate to the Phi Sigma Rho Foundation. Donations through the Foundation can cover educational and professional activities; therefore many of the items on this list cannot be covered this way. Foundation donations will go towards speakers, LEAP and other appropriate items.
- Estimate for attendance is 150 people.
Click here to see what sisters have already sponsored for Convention 2009! Please contact an Alumnae Challenge Committee Chair, Allison Lenhoff or Monique Chinchar, if you have questions, need more info, or would like to participate!